Certainly, during our childhood, many of us have spun a globe, allowing our finger to land on a random spot. As adults, we often rely on recommendations, content, or our instincts when deciding on a travel destination. To simplify the decision-making process, share your favorite color with us, and we’ll suggest where you should travel.
The world is filled with a spectrum of colors: from the saffron orange of Buddhist monks’ robes to the blues of the Bahamas, the red of chili bell pepper fields in India, and the bamboo green of Japan’s Arashiyama forest. Whether it’s the purple of lavender fields in France or the white lime of Crete, each color tells a unique story. Here are some vibrant destinations based on your favorite color:
Blue: Marble Chapels, Chile
- Located in Lake General Carrera, Chilean Patagonia.
- The mesmerizing blue hues are a result of water erosion in karst formations.
- Ideal to visit during autumn and spring in the southern hemisphere.
Option B: Explore the indigo charm of Chaouen village in Morocco or the Chapel of Souls in Porto.
Green: Hoh Rainforest, Washington, United States
- Situated on the Olympic Peninsula, it’s the only rainforest in the United States.
- Sprawling jungle with pine, fir, cedar, and maple trees.
- Evokes a fragrant paradise worthy of a Tim Burton movie.
Option B: Discover the Xanadu Building in Calp, Spain, or the rice paddy hills of Sapa, Vietnam.
- Red: Lake Natron, Tanzania
- Located on the border between Tanzania and Kenya, near the Great Rift Valley.
- The red stain is due to algae in the alkaline waters.
- Home to unique Alcolapia fish and flamingos.
Option B: Visit the Red Fort of Agra in India or explore the fishermen’s houses in the Lofoten archipelago, Norway.
- Yellow: Luoping, China
- Famous for its spring bloom of rapeseed flowers.
- Thousands of flowers emerge between March and June.
- Visitors and locals collect flowers to make oil.
Option B: Admire the architecture of the Cathedral of Granada in Nicaragua.
- White: Amorgos, Greece
- An alternative to popular Greek islands like Mykonos and Santorini.
- Charming villages like Katapola with bougainvillea and blue doors.
- Monastery of Panagia Hozoviotissa offers picturesque views.
Option B: Experience the frozen fjord of Ilulissat in Greenland or the natural sculptures of the White Desert in Egypt.
- Orange: Yi Peng Festival, Thailand
- Lantern Festival in Thailand, celebrated during the full moon of the second month.
- Thousands of flying lanterns illuminate the sky.
- Symbolizes fortune and good luck.
Option B: Witness the sunset at Australia’s Mount Uluru or explore the orange dunes of Deadvlei in Namibia.
- Pink: Toulouse, France
- Known as “The Pink City of France” due to the color of its brick buildings.
- Rich history, convents, and violets dominating storefronts.
- Vibrant and diverse, not confined to a single color.
Option B: Visit the Pink City of Jaipur in India or the salt flats of Las Coloradas in Mexico.
- Purple: Supertree Grove, Singapore
- Gardens by the Bay in Singapore with the iconic Supertree Grove.
- Artificial trees between 82 and 164 feet tall illuminated in purple.
- Offers a futuristic and avant-garde experience.
Option B: Explore the lavender fields of Brihuega in Guadalajara or the wisteria tunnel at Kawachi Fuji Gardens in Japan.
Let your favorite color guide you to an immersive and colorful travel experience!