We welcome applications from enthusiastic and exceptionally qualified individuals for the University of Gävle Scholarship designed specifically for African students pursuing studies in International Social Work. This scholarship aims to foster contributions to the development of both your home country and region.
Successful applicants will benefit from comprehensive coverage, including the entire tuition fee, support for living expenses, and a one-way journey to Gävle. The scholarship is intended for those pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Social Work with a specialization in International Social Work, with the program scheduled to commence in August 2024. This opportunity not only facilitates academic pursuits but also encourages cultural exchange and the acquisition of valuable skills to make a meaningful impact in the field.
To be considered eligible for the University of Gävle Scholarship for African Students, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Applicants must hold citizenship in a country within the African continent.
- Field of Interest: The scholarship is open to individuals who express a genuine interest in the fields of International Social Work, Development Studies, Eco-social Work, and Green Social Work.
- Program Priority: Candidates are required to rank the “Bachelor of Science in Social Work – Specialization International Social Work” as their first priority when applying through universityadmissions.se.
- Application Submission: Prospective candidates must complete the application process for the program on universityadmissions.se. This includes paying the application fee and submitting all necessary supporting documents within the specified timeframe.
The selection process for the University of Gävle Scholarship for African Students includes the following criteria:
- Admission to the Study Program: Successful admission to the Bachelor of Science in Social Work – Specialization International Social Work program is a key factor in the selection process.
- Academic Performance: Grades obtained during upper secondary education will be taken into consideration.
- Motivation Letter: Applicants are required to submit a Motivation Letter as part of the application, following the guidelines provided in the application instructions.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates will undergo an interview conducted by representatives from the university and the Iyabo Theresa Ogionwo Memorial Foundation.
Applicants interested in the University of Gävle Scholarship for African Students in International Social Work should follow these procedures:
- Apply for the program: Before submitting a scholarship application, candidates must first apply to the “Bachelor of Science in Social Work – Specialization International Social Work” program at universityadmissions.se.
- Submission of Scholarship Application: After applying to the program, candidates can then submit their scholarship application. It is important to note that the program application must precede the scholarship application.
By adhering to these procedures, candidates ensure that they are considered for both admission to the program and the accompanying scholarship opportunity.
The application deadline for the University of Gävle Scholarship for African Students in International Social Work is set for February 20, 2024.
Applicants are required to ensure that all necessary materials, including program applications and supporting documents, are submitted by this specified date. Late submissions will not be considered. It is crucial for prospective candidates to adhere to the deadline to ensure their eligibility for both program admission and the scholarship opportunity.
The February 20, 2024 deadline provides ample time for interested individuals to carefully complete the application process, pay the required fees, and submit any necessary documentation. Early preparation and submission are encouraged to avoid any last-minute complications.
Candidates should mark this date on their calendars and diligently plan their application submissions to maximize their chances of being considered for the University of Gävle Scholarship, contributing to the overall gr endeavors.